Thursday, January 3, 2008



Dear Mountain Springs Notebook Readers,

Thanks for logging in to our first notebook entry. Most of you are already familiar with Mountain Springs Cabins. If not, click on Mountain Springs Cabins http://www.mountainspringscabins.com for a brief history of how we found ourselves in these mountains and what we do here. Each entry will give you a peek into life on our mountain. We will even sprinkle a few pictures around. And, yes, since we have log cabin rentals, we hope you will come visit us. Whether online or in person, we do hope Mountain Springs Notebook will bring a little joy, peace, hope, inspiration, happiness, relief, or whatever, into your day.

I started keeping a journal when I was in junior high ("Dear Diary, I saw the cutest boy today"). I have moved on from those days, and I married that cute boy! As my journal entries got a little more thoughtful, I always hoped to publish a book of "thoughts and observations". Little did I know that technology would allow me to do so! Now I am "blogging". Sounds too technical for me, so I like to use the old-fashioned term "journaling".

We might hike the trails, sit on the porch with a cup of coffee, watch wildlife out the window, take a drive on the back roads, visit Eureka Springs or Branson for the day--who knows! It is not always extremely exciting, but we like it. And we hope you will too. After living in the "flatlands" of south Arkansas most of our lives, we are fascinated by the mountains and how "these hills and valleys" affect so much of our lives. There is the weather, which can be extreme at times (we love the snowstorms), the abundance of flora and fauna, the Buffalo National River and it’s natural beauty, the history of Newton County, and the people, especially the people--the locals who are so open and friendly, and the "imports", like us, who discovered this region and finally had to live here.

I am inspired by--the mountains and valleys outside my window, the bluebirds at the birdbath, the deer at the pond, the wild daisies in the meadow and the zinnias in my backyard, the rainbows and the storm clouds in the sky, the antics of Daisy and Molly, the Jack Russells, Jack Henry IV, our 1 year old grandson whose joyful spirit is contagious, our many friends and neighbors throughout the hills and hollows, the guests at the cabins from literally, all over the world, and life in general. I find joy in all of these things. But most of all, I am inspired by our Lord who has been our Jehovah Jireh --our provider on this mountain.

Please bookmark us, check in occasionally for a visit, and live vicariously until your next (or first) real visit to Mountain Springs Cabins. I have a thousand ideas in my head and not enough time to put them down on "paper".


May the peace of the mountains be with you.

Camille