Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beat the Heat

                         Patriotic Barn in Parthenon

     The heat waves we've experienced this summer have made hiking, gardening, and even fishing and swimming not much fun. But, Jack and I never tire of hopping in the car (or truck depending on the roads we plan to travel) and taking a drive. The AC makes touring the countryside very pleasant regardless is the temperature outside.  Jack recently got the truck AC repaired and was pleasantly surprised at the small repair bill.  Well worth it in order to drive around in comfort!

     I always tell our guests any direction is a scenic drive. I try to have a camera along just in case the "perfect picture" comes into view.


.Here are some of our favorites;

Old House near Lost Valley Trail

     The old, sad house above is located near the entrance to Lost Valley, and the story is just as bleak.
 Folks say the old couple who lived here were forced out by Federal marshals when they refused to leave after the  government evicted them in order to make way for the Buffalo National Park. :





Ruby's house on the way to Jasper

          I always check out the cute little cabin above when driving to Jasper.  Ruby always has it decorated for the season.  I have met her once, but always think I might stop by and "sit on the porch for a spell".  I'll bet there are cookies and lemonade close by!

The Henley's Farm
         Mike and Pat live just down the road from us.  The drive on 103 through Kenner Creek Valley is always beautiful.  Pat once gave me some of her beautiful white iris that bloom along my fence each spring.




Old Ozark Homeplace Near Delmar

            Wonder what stories this old place could tell! 




          Where ever you go, there you are!  annon.


No comments: